With GeoCom® Library registration and management of your bookstocks and periodicals collection is just a few mouse clicks away. It is best suited for enterprises operating nation wide!
- platform independent library management system
- management of single-volume and multi-volume works, series, articles/contributions to jubilee publications, periodicals and loose-leaf binders
- union catalogue and inventory
- OPAC search function
- research function via browser and webOPAC
- acquisition, research, circulation
- printing of class mark labels and book cards
- order templates and MS-Word integration
- management of correspondence
- detailed information on circulation
- data import from existing stocks corresponding to the formats RAK, MAB
- database handling is easily learned
- extensive security functions through allocation of access rights
- fully integrable into existing systems
- adjustable to company look-and-feel
Platform Independent Database for Distributed Bookstocks
Catalogue by title
OPAC search form
GeoCom® Library is a library management system designed to support enterprises, authorities and associations in their management of bookstocks and periodicals collections. Platform independence and Lotus Notes' replication feature make this database especially suitable for lawyer´s offices operating nation wide.
Library maintains a union catalogue and copy data. The union catalogue contains monographic publications, multi-volume works and periodicals and serves as a knowledge base for information on existing (respectively yet to be acquired) publications, on availability, location and other information, such as lending status. The catalogue provides different sort of criteria to display the titles: Single-volume and multi-volume works, series, articles / contributions to jubilee publications, periodicals and loose-leaf binders. New titles are recorded manually or imported from other data pools.
GeoCom® Library provides comprehensive OPAC search functions: The OPAC function lets you search for any documents listed in your stock in various ways, using full text search or boolean operators. It supports search within distributed stocks as well as data import from remote locations.You can search alternatively via Notes Client or Internet Browser.
Location specific Classification and Distribution of Class Mark Label
Decide, if you want to draw up systematics enterprise wide or only specific for your own location. Suggestions for class mark labels will be done automatically on base of systematically classification.
Support for Librarians
To make daily work for librarians easier, GeoCom® Library provides different features: Integrated modules for acquisition, cataloguing process with checking of duplicates, administration of articles and jubilee publications as well as multi-volume works or series, barcode for the lending process.
Extensions regarding customer`s needs
Trial version of GeoCom® Library, data import from existing electronic catalogues and purchase of the source code is offered by ISG Information Systems GeoCom GmbH.